Gelato Fiasco gives to dozens of local non-profit organizations that are helping kids and building our communities. We’re happy to help when we’re able.
We receive several requests every day. In order to help keep us organized, we are only able to accept applications using this form. We cannot take phone calls, emails, printed materials, or walk-in requests.
- Organizations must be 501(c)3 non-profits or schools, and must be based in or adjacent to our home communities of Brunswick or Portland, Maine.
- All cash sponsorships are done through our Scooping for Community program, where, if your application is chosen, you select a Monday or Tuesday during the school year, and we donate 100% of sales from customers who show us your flier promoting the event. We require that you anticipate at least 50 supporters visiting in order to plan such an event, so careful organization and outreach to your supporters is important. Successful events can raise several hundred dollars for an organization in a single day, and do not require volunteers to be on-site.
- Our Scooping for Community calendar for our Brunswick and Portland stores is now full for the 2019-2020 school year and we are not accepting any new applications. Please return after August 15, 2020, if you are interested in applying for next school year.
- Priority for Scooping for Community is given to organizations with a wide community presence, such as public schools and public libraries.
- We are unable to provide cash sponsorships outside of the Scooping for Community Program.
- Gift certificate donations are made on a limited basis.
- We will only reply to your request if we are able to fulfill it.
- We are not able to donate coupons for dishes or pints to be given away to a crowd, donate gelato to be scooped at events, or purchase program advertising.
If this sounds good, please click below to apply. Thanks for thinking of us.