We are connected to our natural landscape in Maine and want to minimize our impact on our home. These initiatives help us ensure the sustainability of our communities, company, and planet.
- Maine Environmental Leader. Our Flagship Store in Brunswick has been rated a Maine Environmental Leader by the Maine Department of Environmental Protection.
- Recycling in our stores. Blue recycling bins in our stores are appropriate for all paper and plastic products. We place red and white spoons, dishes, and cups from recycling containers into single-stream recycling.
- Recyclable pint containers. Our jar containers can be easily recycled in communities that offer curbside recycling.
- BPA avoidance. Our pint containers are BPA-free. We purchase BPA-free receipt printer for our cash registers.
- No styrofoam cups. We do not use styrofoam cups or dishes in our stores. From day 1, we’ve used recyclable paper cups for hot drinks, and ask guests who are dining in our stores if they’d like drinks served in ceramic mugs.
- Careful milk sourcing. All of our milk is sourced from farmers who pledge not to use artificial growth hormones (HGH). More about our milk.