Sorbetto on Seafood? It's the Coastal Collection
We’re happy to announce the launch of The Gelato Fiasco’s Coastal Collection, a series of five sorbetto flavors specially created to scoop onto oysters, little-neck clams, salmon, and other seafood. The Coastal Collection is available for take-home exclusively at Whole Foods Market.
All flavors are created with our own recipes in our kitchen in Brunswick using all-natural ingredients, including sea salt.
- Cucumber Lime Cilantro Sorbetto: Cucumbers and lime juice with a twist of fresh cilantro herbs. Pair with wild salmon or chilled soup. Or serve alone as an intermissio prior to the main course.
- Horseradish Sorbetto: It’s the heart and soul of a Bloody Mary. Featuring freshly grated horseradish. Pair with half-shell raw oysters or little-neck clams.
- Hot Sauce Sorbetto: Featuring the flavorful heat of Tabasco® brand’s famous aged hot sauce. Pair with half-shell raw oysters or little-neck clams.
- Pure Lemon Sorbetto: A refreshing and tart flavor that naturally pairs with seafood dishes. Pair with half-shell raw oysters or little-neck clams. Or serve alone as an intermissio prior to the main course.
- Spicy Passion Fruit Sorbetto: Tropically tangy with a rush of hot cayenne pepper to finish the flavor. Pair with line-caught Maine haddock, fish chowder, or chilled soup.
Whole Foods Market came to us earlier this year with this idea, and as of this week, the flavors are available in the seafood sections of all Whole Foods Markets stores in North Atlantic Region, including Portland, all Massachusetts stores, all Rhode Island stores, and all central Connecticut stores. We worked on the flavors throughout the spring, and some of you may have tested them in one of our stores. For more ideas and inspiration, visit the Coastal Collection page.
– Post by Joshua Davis, Co-Founder of The Gelato Fiasco