Fall Traditions Return for 2015
September 21 through Thanksgiving
The Gelato Fiasco Flagship Store and The Gelato Fiasco Old Port
It’s always with a sense of tranquility that we watch summer fade away, as we chase the early-setting sun and feel the crisp anticipation that leaves will soon crunch underfoot. For the shifting season signals the return of pumpkin and apple flavors to our stores, with their beautiful colors and familiar scents of cinnamon and nutmeg. For our team, the annual return of our fall flavors and drinks has become a dear tradition. We hope it is for you, too.
We’ll be scooping at least three fall flavors daily:
- Pumpkin Pie Gelato. New England pumpkin with a six-spice blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, molasses, allspice, ginger, and clove. We also add a gingersnap crust for additional texture.
- Fall in Bourbon County Gelato. Named after the birthplace of bourbon whiskey, it’s pumpkin spiked with Wild Turkey Bourbon and topped with cinnamon-glazed peanuts and pecans and a salty caramel sauce.
- Autumn Sorbetto Choices. We’re making a fall sorbetto daily. Most will make use of apples or pumpkins.
You’ll also see a variety of other autumn flavors from time-to-time throughout the season.
For those times when you’re feeling for something a bit warmer, consider us for your next cafe stop:
- Hot Apple Cider. Orchard-fresh cider, steamed piping hot.
- Apple Chai. Hot apple cider with black chai tea spices.
- God of Thunder. Our legendary Fair Trade and Certified Organic dark coffee roast, made as a pour-over or ready-to-go during select hours. Medium and decaf roasts also available from Wicked Joe Coffee Roasting Co. in Brunswick and Tandem Coffee Roasters in Portland.
- Mighty Leaf Tea. Black, green, and herbal teas selected for us by Mighty Leaf.
- Drinking Chocolate. Our house-made thick, rich chocolate, topped with house-made whipped cream.
- The Affogato. The Italian tradition. Two scoops of your favorite gelato flavor covered with a double shot made from Tandem Coffee Roasters’ espresso roast.
As always, coffee and other hot drinks are served through closing time daily (that’s quite late: 11 p.m.!).
Pumpkin Pie Gelato can also be found at many specialty, corner, and Whole Foods Market grocery stores in Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts, and for home shipping on FoodyDirect. Availability of pints for this seasonal flavor is limited.