The Royal Wedding at The Gelato Fiasco
Friday, April 29 from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
The Gelato Fiasco Flagship Store
74 Maine Street, Brunswick
Can’t make it across the pond to celebrate William and Kate? Hold court at The Gelato Fiasco on Friday, April 29 with a selection of flavors fit for a British king and queen.
The Gelato Fiasco Moble Unit isn’t rated for flight, so instead of setting up outside Westminster Abbey, we’ve asked our kitchen to pull out all the stops and design flavors inspired by the United Kingdom. We anticipate creating:
- Eton Mess Gelato. Eton Mess is a traditional English dessert made of strawberry, meringue and cream.
- Royal Wedding Fruit Cake. The happy couple selected traditional fruit cake.
- Champagne Sorbetto.
- Shortbread Gelato.
- Lemon Curd Gelato. Perfect with afternoon tea.
- Hobnobs. These are British biscuits, but we are making them into gelato.
- Black Currant Trifle. Custard-like, with the Vitamin C-rich berry popular with the British people.
- Seville Orange Sorbetto. Featuring the fruit often used in English marmalade.
- Gooseberry Swirl Gelato. Made from the Northern European fruit.
- English Breakfast Tea Gelato.
You may recognize a few of these flavors, most most are completely new and are making their premiere on Friday. You may also see a few other surprises in the case — Prince Harry’s Ginger Gelato comes to mind. And if you’re planning your own wedding, know that we can give you the royal treatment, too.