Josh and Bruno sent this message out to Red Spoon Society members this morning. If you’re not already a member, you can sign up online. It’s free!
Your Red Spoon Society account is improving. After more than four years of building The Gelato Fiasco, we’ve had a chance to see what resonates, and we are making the Red Spoon Society better. The new Red Spoon Society is easier, has faster rewards, and should be more fun. For instance, if you normally purchase treat-sized dishes of gelato, this spring you’ll get a free gelato of any size more than three times faster than under the old program.
You don’t need to do anything or even go into the details to benefit. But in case you’re curious, under the new Red Spoon Society:
1. You keep your existing points. (In fact, we doubled the points you earned under the old point chart.) Any free dishes you earned are still available to use whenever you want.
2. Since you now get 1 point for every dollar spent, the reward structure is easier to understand.
3. You’ll earn more free gelato faster, because you now receive 1 extra bonus point for every dollar spent in special categories that will change every couple of months. This spring’s categories are gelato dishes and hand-poured coffee and tea.
4. You no longer cash-in points at the expense of bigger rewards: Even when you choose to use your rewards, your point total will continue to build.
5. Your points work seamlessly at the Flagship Store in Brunswick and at our Old Port store in Portland.
The point chart and Red Spoon Society Constitution can be found in the Red Spoon Society section of our website. If you would like to know how many rewards are currently on file available in the vault for you to use, just ask your server.
We philosophically believe that repeat customers from our community are the most important part of this company, and our cash register data from the past four years backs that up. We wanted the ability to continually recognize and reward our best customers, and we felt that the old plan didn’t always offer us the best opportunity to do that. Now it does.
Josh Davis and Bruno Tropeano
The Gelato Fiasco